Is This The Ultimate Business Model?
From: Yanik Silver
I need to ask you a favor…
I’m going to ask you to suspend disbelief for just one moment.
Just be open to what I’m going to share with you because on the surface this appears to be way too good to be true.
It’s the idea that your business could actually make more profits while making a real impact. Not only can this concept grow your bottom line but it can actually create a sustainable competitive advantage, re-ignites everything you do with more joy, happiness and meaning and fulfill a higher mission.
I know it may sound like a pipe dream, but it’s already happening…
You’ve probably already seen some of these innovative companies and wondered how did they grow so fast. Hey, it’s even okay to admit this but…
Have You Ever Been Secretly Jealous of Upstarts like TOMS, FEED or Warby Parker?
I mean these companies have come out of nowhere and cracked the code for making a real difference, recruiting & keeping ‘A-players’, developing ultra loyal customers, scaling quickly and growing profits -- all seemingly effortlessly. It’s no wonder they’ve also become media & PR darlings, which only fuels their growth even more.
Sounds pretty darn terrific, right?
And you can have it happen too because the positive changes are practically inevitable when you start applying the Evolved Enterprise™ framework to your business idea or current venture.
In fact, my promise to you is if you keep reading I’ll share with you the secrets to their success and how you can tap into the same seismic shift that’s changing the rules of business forever.
The story of TOMs shoes started when the founder Blake Mycocskie had a flash of an idea on a polo trip to Argentina. He would sell shoes and give a pair away to a child in need somewhere else. The last time I talked to Blake he told me they had given away 35,000,000 pairs of shoes. (That also means they’ve profitable sold 35,000,000 pairs!) And now their buy one-give one model has grown to include other products beyond shoes. Forbes has confirmed their valuation at $625 million with Bain Capital recently buying a 50% stake in the company. Not bad for a guy who only started selling his canvas espadrilles a few years ago.
Using These Exact Same Evolved Enterprise Principles You Can Even Disrupt Major Monopolies that Have a Stranglehold on Their Marketplace
Who in their right mind would go after a market where one major player had a 60-80% of the market in the U.S. alone? If you’re eyewear company Warby Parker that’s a recipe for disruption.
Warby Parker was founded in 2010, by four friends, Neil Blumenthal, Dave Gilboa, Andy Hunt and Jeff Raider, who met at business school. By circumventing traditional channels, bypassing retail, designing glasses in-house, and engaging with customers directly, they were able to provide eyewear at a fraction of the going price. And when they combined that with a partnership with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need, it was a big-time winning combination.
The launch was so successful that the team hit their first year sales targets in the first three weeks. Today, less than a few years later, according to the Wall Street Journal the company is valued at over $1B from a recent investment they took in.
But again this is the power of an Evolved Enterprise. And even better as one of my colleagues reported back to me, “It’s just a heck of a lot more fun to have a business that makes an impact.”
Fact is, at the highest level this notion that business can be something more hits home. Here’s what the iconic Virgin founder, Sir Richard Branson said in his book ‘Screw Business as Usual’:
“Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good really is good for business.” - Sir Richard Branson
Richard and I have a shared belief that business can be the greatest lever to make a difference in the world. In fact, that’s one of the reasons I was just asked to serve on the Constellation board for Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and Branson family.
And all of this ties into our big goal to connect visionary leaders and game changers to co-create innovative ideas & new business models to measurably impact 100 global issues.
10,000 Ideas to Change the World
In order to help make a dent in those 100 issues – we have the somewhat audacious goal of catalyzing 10,000 Evolved Enterprises into the world by the year 2020.
That means leveraging content, education and online training programs to propel your success. But I’m also excited to ‘partner’ with you… Either joining forces on business models thoroughly mapped out inside my “Idea Journal”, which are designed to sell to our existing audience. Or working directly with you to accelerate your own Evolved Enterprise, if it has the potential to make an exponential difference. We would provide you with access to new potential partners, distribution channels, digital marketing assistance, key mentoring and significant resources. (I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself but keep reading for more details and how you could fit in…)
For now it’s safe to say…
The Future of Business Has Changed and This Will Forever Change the Way You Do Business
The Evolved Enterprise is about creating (or re-creating) a company that authentically comes straight from your true essence, wrapped around a meaningful impact, and then develops the community, culture, and creation in total alignment.
And the most interesting part is all of this IS actually good for business in ALL ways. In the exceptional book Firms of Endearment, the authors show how firms that follow these principles have outperformed the S&P 500 by 1000% over 10 years.
This is happening from the outside in with customer buying criteria changing and from the inside out with employees. Data from a recent Kone study showed consumers are more likely to switch brands to a product associated with a good cause, given similar quality and pricing.
New research from Nielsen shows 58% of global consumers (in 58 different countries) are willing to pay more for goods and services from companies that make a difference.
And then from the inside out, employment surveys show millennials are willing to get paid less to make for a company that has a core mission or purpose to what they do. In other research I’ve seen companies that integrate a genuine impact into what they do experience an average 11% increase in sales versus their competitors.
"Business Who Ignore This Trend Will Be On Life Support in 4-7 Years..."
The Coming Shift That Can Change Everything
This is the perfect storm.
And that’s why I want to hand you the greatest competitive advantage available to small businesses with the new business model I discovered - the hard way - that changed everything.
But don’t worry if you can’t imagine yourself as big as some of these previous examples – the Evolved Enterprise concepts works even better as you’re just getting starting too.
Take Bombas Socks for example…
The founders David Heath and Randy Goldberg saw a news release which stated socks were the No. 1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters.
The two of them took that as a personal challenge to make a difference by building a better sock and to donate 1 pair for every pair sold to a homeless shelter.
That little idea turned into $2 Million in sales in just over 1-year and continuing to grow at an accelerated clip.
They estimated it would take 10 years to get to a gigantic goal of 1,000,000 pairs donated -- they shattered that figure by doing it 8.5 years sooner! As an Evolved Enterprise they were able to significantly increase their success by developing a community of fans who cared about spreading their message of doing good – plus it helped attract celebrity investors and partners like Daymond John from TV’s Shark Tank.
And as Bombas has grown their culture of impact continues to be baked in. The founders and their staff, which is now up to 15, taking one day a month to volunteer at a shelter, soup kitchen or with one of their hundreds of giving partners.
Listen, all of this is just a snippet from countless examples of how to re-think, re-imagine and most importantly re-invent your business to deliver meaningful impact, deeper fulfillment and even greater profits.
10,000 Ideas to Change the World
Here’s your ultimate resource for quickly & effectively building out your business startup idea from scratch or accelerating your current venture utilizing this breakthrough framework:
After the enormous amount of accolades and praise the Evolved Enterprise book received – we realized impactful entrepreneurs who want to apply these concepts could use a little more help. The first resource we provided was a comprehensive Accreditation program and Coalition for training and bringing together Evolved Entrepreneurs. However, for many people that resource was just too advanced and possibly out of their budget.
Finally, here’s a solution to absorb and implement all of the Evolved Enterprise concepts for you if you’re just getting going with your big idea or if you want to step up what you’re already doing in business.
The Evolved Business Blueprint is designed to give you the clarity you need to take action quickly…exactly where to start and how avoid costly tangents or spinning your wheels.
Frankly, I almost went out of business before I decoded this business model and I don’t want you to go through the same if I can help it.
All the material was carefully developed and tested on real-world businesses. Everything from multi-million dollar companies that are part of the Maverick1000 network to new, emerging startups in a variety of fields.
What’s more, we’ve completely overhauled and improved the course again based on the feedback we got on the original version - making it clearer, more comprehensive and more engaging than ever. It’s been 6+ painstaking months coming but I think you’ll love it.
The step-by-step “Evolved Business Blueprint” curriculum provides you with:
- Bite-sized lessons on each aspect of the Evolved Enterprise framework.
- Detailed examples that show you how real businesses, in all different types of industries, are applying these concepts.
- Practical exercises that walk you through creating your business plan, one piece at a time.
- Real-world action items to get you to start implementing right away.
Plus, you’ll also have the opportunity to share your homework and get feedback and ideas from others who are going through the material with you. Don’t worry you can start the modules anytime. Go back to it, pause it, etc. We’ll be here for you as you work through the material in your own time and pace.
Stop Daydreaming About that Exciting Business Idea You’ve Been Putting Off… And Finally Get Going with the Proven Evolved Enterprise Roadmap
I’m very proud of the Evolved Enterprise book, but I wouldn’t be satisfied if I stopped there.
I don’t want the Evolved Enterprise concept to be something you read about, but never take action on…
I want you to actually start living the kind of entrepreneurial lifestyle I envision for you that allows you to experience greater meaning, joy and fulfillment - while also earning extraordinary profits.
You’ll learn how to adapt the Evolved Enterprise concepts to your unique situation. It’ll walk you through creating a business plan that’s tailor-made to serve your deeper meaning, your happiness and the impact you want to make.
The goal here is to show you how to implement the Evolved Enterprise principles quickly and effectively… so you can get your Evolved Enterprise up and running fast and start earning exceptional profits in a way that’s both meaningful and fulfilling.
The course material is made up of 6 main modules with each one laser focused on one core pillar of the Evolved Enterprise framework. Inside the main modules we’ve also broken down the sessions into micro segments with practical exercises that take 15 minutes or less to finish. That way you’ll easily keep adding more and more pieces to your Evolved Enterprise business framework. By breaking it up into short, interactive lessons, we’ve made it easy to “eat the elephant one bite at a time” to avoid getting overwhelmed.
The Evolved Enterprise model starts with YOU at the center.
That’s no accident. The more in-touch you are with what makes you feel happy, fully utilized and contributing in a meaningful way - the more you’ll be delivering your greatest work.
To transform your business into your artistic canvas to creatively merge your head, your heart and your higher purpose… you first have to understand what’s in your heart.
Module 1 is all about evolving YOU as an individual.
(And this is not a one-and-done process…it’s ongoing but you’ll get a huge head start here with the foundation that your business will be built on.)
The exercises will help you answer the most important question of all: What do you really, really, really want?
- The Entrepreneurial “Identity Trap” – How to not get caught up in identifying your self worth with your net worth or any objective measure of success you’ve been programmed to believe matters.
- 9 daily practices you can use immediately to get out of funks, burnout or even deep entrepreneurial depression.
- 5 powerful assessment tests the most successful Maverick entrepreneurs I know have used to discover our natural born strengths and maximize our talents to effortlessly create more profits, impact, and meaning.
- Conversely – you’ll need to bring out your ‘shadow’ side as well. The shadow is the part you’ve wanted to keep secret and hidden from the public. Acknowledging the gifts of your imperfection and ‘flaws’ will actually save you when you listen to them.
- The “new” way of goal setting (it’s actually 3,000 year old) that makes it practically impossible to fail. (I've tried countless goal setting strategies in the past, but none work like this to strike at the essence of what you really want.)
- How to author your own hero’s journey and why every hero you look up to has the seeds of your own greatness buried in their characters.
- Tapping into your intuition and deeper insight; 6 tried and tested methods for developing your intuition (originally used by a world renowned psychologist.) And 11 slightly strange, yet powerful ways to unearth your deepest motivators, talents, and inner mental workings.
- How to reignite what you loved to do as a kid and actually incorporate it into your business. (Hint: What seems like play to you is actually your deepest expression of your most meaningful work and unique contribution.)
- How to turn 'making money' and 'building your business' into the ultimate expression of artistry and love.
Essentially your first module is about how do you sing the verse you were intended to in the symphony of the world. And from there we start digging deeper…
Cause is the driver of epic Evolved Enterprises that are rewriting the rules of business and enabling upstart companies of all sizes to outperform entrenched giant conglomerates.
This is how you move up from simply being a transactional company, with minimal brand loyalty and impact to a transformational or even transcending business.
Purpose based and mission-driven organizations continue to outperform their competitors who only focus on one measure of their P&L at the peril of everything else that really matters to long-term growth and success.
True entrepreneurial satisfaction comes from pursuing a compelling and inspiring BIG WHY.
Having a reason that’s bigger than what one person can do alone brings your team, your customers and everyone else your organization interacts with, together to truly make a real impact. In fact, your "BIG WHY" ignites a blazing bon-fire of contagious enthusiasm… inspiring you and everyone else to power through any and all obstacles on your path to collective greatness.
Module 2 will guide you to discover your true calling and show you how to fully and genuinely integrate it into your business for greater meaning, impact, and profits.
Here’s a small peek at what’s inside:
- How to systematically identify the true ‘soul’ of your organization… and infuse this discovery into your business for greater meaning and passion for what you do.
- 4 'Portals' into your authentic why (if you're struggling to find your life mission and your purpose - start here.)
- How To 'Piggy-Back' off the reputation and reach of well-known cause partners for instant boosts in credibility, conversion, and media coverage.
- A little known "hack" for tapping into the biggest and most well-known cause partners and non-profit organizations. (Use this simple strategy to 'skip the line' and utilize the halo effect for your business.)
- 6 examples of authentic causes integrated fully into companies and 1 cautionary tale of what happens when there isn’t a genuine alignment between the cause and the company’s product or service.
- My ‘secret weapon’ for expanding my awareness, processing my thoughts, coming up with breakthrough ideas and tapping into my highest expression for guidance. (It takes less than 15 minutes a day!)
Once you have your WHY worked out, you need to dial in the HOW…
How do you capture the hearts and souls of everyone on your entrepreneurial journey with you?
You’ll have the answer after completing this module…
A well-crafted vision can be used to inspire your customers, employees, investors and partners to join you on your mission.
Most entrepreneurs I know are exceptional visionaries. They can see the big future ahead but they get frustrated with everyone else not seeing the same picture. Module 3 shows you exactly how to create your ultimate vision for your business to truly build your dreams.
- How to formulate your 'North Star' - a powerful rallying cry for what your company stands for – and who should join you.
- How to create a detailed roadmap and plan-of-action for ensuring your vision comes about.
- How to positively attract the top talent and repel the wrong individuals. (Yes, you do want to be polarizing!)
- 6 mental tricks for overcoming your internal blocks and freeing up your creativity and unlocking the idea floodgates to finally get your entire vision down on paper.
- 5 critical components you must include in your vision statement to garner the biggest impact (use this 5 piece framework to streamline your writing process and get the most important points addressed.)
- The secret to communicating your mission in a way that lights up the most talented collaborators… filling them with faith, energy, and enthusiasm for your cause… so they’ll be ALL IN!
- A common mistake first time 'vision-creators' make that renders their vision statement virtually useless.
- How to harness the actual way our brains work to make organizing and generating ideas as easy as having a conversation.
If you would have asked me about culture a few years ago, I probably would have laughed at you. I previously thought company culture was a waste of resources or that it was only for really big businesses —today I know that’s absolutely wrong!
Perhaps what really baffled me was that culture is something you can’t always put your finger on. It’s not totally tangible but you can sense a culture. In fact, you can either set the culture intentionally so it’s aligned with your vision and values……or you can let it happen by accident - and hope and pray you don’t end up with a culture that works against you.
I’ve been fortunate to have so many meaningful conversations with all sorts of individuals I really admire for the way they’ve created an exceptional culture in their companies. And they’ve had a profound influence on my thoughts here.
Culture is the DNA of your business… it determines how all the individuals that make up your business work together (or don’t) in pursuit of your vision.
The attitudes, values, and beliefs that make up the culture of your business have a profound impact on the performance of your employees, outsourcers, partners, suppliers and, of course, customers. This topic is usually pretty tough sledding for smaller companies or those getting started – and that’s why this section gives you my own real-world success and failures of creating and living an intentional culture.
In Module 4, you’ll learn the secrets to creating a world class culture
from the bottom up, including:
- How to actually identify and co-create your core values. (This is the actual step-by-step meeting & exercises we ran to rework our core values after the team said we had an external culture but didn’t live it internally.)
- 8 easy-to-implement examples of truly living your core values. (Once you get your core values figured out your conversations, hiring practices and performance reviews are all dictated by this new measuring stick.)
- Culture is directly linked to the performance of your company… here’s how to use language, material symbols, images and rituals to consciously manage it in your favor…
- The REAL reason your best talent will leave your company (hint: it’s NOT money, benefits, and things you THINK matter most.)
- The 'Culture Pyramid' - The 3 Stages to building a mission-driven high-performing culture from the bottom up.
- 5 Foundational Elements You MUST have in place in order to clearly define your culture (without these 5 elements in place, your culture is left to chance and haphazard interpretation.)
Previous studies have shown that 70% of workers are either not engaged or actively disengaged... meaning they are actively trying to sabotage your business. And actually new numbers I’ve seen from Gallup show this percentage is increasing to 87%. It’s your duty to allow everyone to show up as their greatest selves and bring their full heart & soul to your venture.
Once you’ve laid out your values, purpose and vision, it’s time to integrate EVERYTHING into the very essence of your business… so every sale makes an impact towards the cause you’ve aligned around.
Here’s where the rubber really meets the road.
When you put your full heart into your products and services - and you genuinely believe you’re doing good with every sale… that also lets you put your full heart into marketing and selling.
In fact, it feels less like selling and more like authentically ‘inviting’ the right prospects to buy. Your noble cause can inspire trust and loyalty that your ordinary competitors can only dream of.
Module 5 will show you how to ‘bake-in’ an impact right into your products and services… so doing business with you becomes an act of pride, a source of belonging and community, and perhaps even a moral obligation. We’ll cover:
- A simple yet powerful framework you can use to instantly differentiate your company from the competition and place yourself in a category of one…and how to uncover and expand your meaningful difference.
- The 11 Evolved Enterprise Impact Models and how to zero in on the one that best fits your product and service. (Plus how to publicize your IMPACT for massive customers goodwill and media exposure.)
- How to develop the compelling marketing ‘hook’ or angle that creates dozens of synergistic ways you, your customers, and your partners can do well by doing good… while spinning off more abundance, compassion and value.
- How to uncover hidden opportunities inside your business to tell your story, establish your unique positioning, and spread your mission.
- How to leverage the Evolved Enterprise 'Halo Effect' to secure major media attention, partners with BIG distribution, celebrities and viral word of mouth marketing.
- An Evolved Enterprise allows you to exponentially grow using marketing and promotion strategies charged with impact that nobody else could. (You’ll see an example of a company that urged customers not to buy and ended up growing their marketshare.)
- [Advanced Material] The Triangulation Ecoystem for interconnecting your entire business ecosystem for exponential contribution… where everybody wins and everyone grows…
Let’s face it—companies that can harness the power of extremely loyal customers win!
They get to spend less on marketing and advertising. Their customers keep buying like crazy, and they even love to share your product or service with their friends.
Can you imagine customers loving what you do so much, they would tattoo your logo on their bodies, like Harley Davidson lovers do? That’s the kind of loyalty, appreciation, delight and devotion you’ll learn to foster in this final module.
This module is your blueprint to catalyze a tribe of raving fans, zealots and advocates who fuse their identity directly to your brand. You’ll discover:
- How to design your brand to appeal to a carefully chosen character archetype… so your product or service becomes a symbol of their very identity… How to make your customers feel like heroes.
- How to create company artifacts, symbol, and stories that bring people together.
- What your 'brand' really is and why most entrepreneurs get it completely wrong.
- Discover the 12 "Brand Archetypes" that every highly successful brand In history originates from and how to choose the one that best fits your company.
- The 9 Community Decoders that drive group behavior, alignment, and cohesiveness and how to apply these to your business to build a devoted legion of fans for your products and services.
- How to create your company's own 'secret language' to bring your community together in a meaningful way and create a sense of exclusivity.
- An advanced strategy 'cult leaders' use to create diehard communities of followers and how you too can use this technique to inspire a throng of loyal customers and fans (don't worry, this is 100% ethical if done right, and in fact it actually creates a better buying experience for your customers.)
- How to craft a company 'manifesto' that creates alignment and 'togetherness' among your customers.
- The 3 segments of every community: members, influencers, and celebrity icons. (Picture your community as the concentric circles.)
- The one question I ask to connect with celebrity icons and attract them into my community.
- How to create a 'member driven' organization where your customers actually co-create your business growth with you.
- 5 different roles of members in your community and how to deal with each on.
- How to craft a captivating company 'Origin Story' that your tribes wants to share.
There you have it - this is THE definitive course you need to go through if you want to align your business with your passions, unique abilities and meaningful cause - while skyrocketing your profits.
Having a deep, deep desire for creating something great within you also means you have the capabilities, talent and abilities to make it happen. The Evolved Enterprise Business Blueprint can get you there faster…
But the clock is ticking…
Not because I’m going to make up some false scarcity or reason you need to be one of the first X people to purchase but because you have a limited window to take advantage of becoming an Evolved Enterprise.
At some point very soon this will no longer be a competitive advantage – it’ll simply be the way business is done.
You won’t be able to get the additional media coverage, the customers buying more, the ability to attract & retain top talent or even celebrity endorsers for the good you do…because this will be par for the course. And that’s why I want to equip you with everything else you might need to take advantage of this unique time in history. On top of the step-by-step modules and community feedback here are additional bonuses to move along further and faster…
Bonus #1: EVOLVED ENTERPRISE
One of the biggest questions we continue to receive is how does this apply to me if I’m just getting started? If you’re in the idea conception phase or early stages of your idea you’ll love these 4 bonus sessions.
You might know my story. Personally, I’ve successfully bootstrapped 8 different product and service ideas hitting the million-dollar sales mark from scratch without funding, taking on debt or even having a real business plan.
It’s this kind of get it going right of the gate mentality I want to share with you. Plus, I’m asking my colleague Dmitriy Kozlov to join me. Dima as his friends call, has been instrumental in helping launch the Evolved Enterprise movement. He’s XXX, XXX and XXX.
Together we’re going to answer each and every question and shatter any excuse you have to get going with these concepts immediately as an emerging entrepreneur. The Startup Sessions will cover:
- Startup Session #1: Expanding Your Big Idea
Your “Big Hook” or “Big Idea” will be the deciding factor if your product is a massive success or ho-hum flop. Remember, I’ve successfully engineered 8 of my own products to 7-figures from scratch so I can assure you there’s a method here.
- Startup Session #2: Profitable Business Model Creation
- Startup Session #3: Bootstrapping to Your First Sale & Targeting Your Ideal Customer
- Startup Session #4: Creating Culture with an Outsourced Team or Virtual Team
If you’re quick you’ll be in the first group and have the opportunity for live Q&A time. (I charge and get $1,000.00 per hour for consulting so this is a tremendous value.) The sessions will be recorded if you cannot make them live.
Bonus #1: EVOLVED ENTERPRISE
See Real-Life Examples of Actual Businesses Being
Reworked Right Before Your Eyes
Sometimes it’s not enough to read a description of how to do something. Sometimes you just need to see it done right in front of you - and then it “clicks”.
Seeing a concrete example of the Evolved Enterprise concepts being applied in the real world can give you a lot more clarity and confidence that YOU can do it too. Every month I’ve been doing Business Model Brainstorming session with our Evolved Enterprise COalition members.
You’ll see the exact process I use with my coaching clients to come up with a plan of action for their business. These are the very processes you’ll learn in the Evolved Business Blueprint - and you can see a demonstration of it in action in our Business Model Brainstorming sessions!
If you’re unsure of whether you’re doing it right… or just need the confidence boost of seeing someone else go through the process successfully… seeing these brainstorming sessions can show you what’s possible, push you to a higher level of motivation, and give you some great ideas to try in your own business.
Normally, the replays of these are only available to COalition members… however, we’ve selected some of the most valuable, most insightful sessions we’ve done - and you’ll get access to those as a Evolved Business Blueprint member.
We’ve selected the sessions to cover all different business models no matter what product or service you want to sell.
Working with Maverick NEXT member, Anthony Balduzzi, we developed a key cause that truly made sense around his life story. Anthony was already doing well with his health & fitness information publishing business but was in the midst of a serious rebranding initiative. He had put a lot of thought into both our updated website design and revamped brand messaging to specifically niche down to helping men over 40 lose weight and regain their energy – but I didn’t think that was enough.
“Our big aim with the rebranding was to empower our information publishing business model to have a far greater social impact than simply selling eBooks and weight loss courses online. Within the first 10 minutes of the call, Yanik adeptly assessed the strong, unexploited niche that our rebranded business could become a market leader in: helping fathers over 40 lose weight and regain their vibrant health.
With our more focused audience in place, Yanik then helped us construct a new product offering (weight loss challenge for charity) that would help increase our revenue, improve our customer experience, and enable our brand to have the social impact we wanted with our rebrand with 10x the potential brand impact.”
It all started with Anthony’s story that I helped dig out to make a more meaningful connection to his cause. Together, we came up with the concept for ‘Fit Father Project’ and it’s full steam ahead for him. Tragically Anthony’s father died from brain cancer just before his 10th birthday and that created a burning desire to help that’s never gone away. He says it on his site: